Monday, July 25, 2011

Guess Who's Back (back)... Back again ('gain)...


No, I didn't stop dreaming about birds - far from it.  To be honest, though, I had gotten to the point where the thought of putting in the time and effort into each post that I normally did made me cringe a little (there may even have been an eye tic involved).  Then the sisyphytic inertia of procrastination set in, and one day I woke up and more than six months had gone by since my last post.  Zoinks!  Ever the optimist, I like to think hiatuses can be revitalizing. So, let me ease back into form by sharing what little I remember from a dream I had yesterday morning:

... I was at a party, or at least visiting a friend's home.  Several  other people were also there conviviating.  Imagine my surprise when suddenly a few pheasants quickly parted the social waters as they charged on through.  

Indian Peafowl (Pavo cristatus)


The rest of what I remember was simply an earnest chase scene involving a male Bulwer's Pheasant (blue wattles fully engorged), a male Indian Peafowl ("peacock"), and a male Red Junglefowl ("rooster").  


Bulwer's (Wattled) Pheasant (Lophura bulweri)

Predictably, some of the party people got involved in the chasing too.  They failed miserably, but meant well. The antics amused me for the few seconds remaining until I awakened - and that's all that counts.


Red Junglefowl (Gallus gallus)

.

1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Great post and I love the peacock and the jundlefowl is beautiful. Great photos.

 

count visits
Apple iPod Touch 8GB